Qafila is a society of all the university teachers of Islamic Studies and Arabic of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa which was initiated by the Department of Islamiyat, University of Peshawar on 18 Aug 2013 at the Baragali summer campus in a workshop which was attended by 80 participants both faculty and research scholars coming from 12 public sector Universities of Khyber pakhtunkhwa and from Nangarhar University Jalalabad Afghanistan. The delegates unanimously welcomed the idea. Prof Dr. Miraj ul Islam Zia was nominated its first convener (Murabit) and Mr. Saifullah was chosen its general secretary. Qafila will work for the following objectives:
1. To organize Islamic Studies and Arabic scholars of the universities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa into a well-knit fraternity
2. To provide opportunities of close interaction among the scholars and teachers of Islamic and Arabic Studies.
3. To co-ordinate the activities, especially extra-mural activities, in the field of Islamic Studies and Arabic.
4. To develop proposals for improvement of the teachings methods and current curricula of Islamic Studies and Arabic in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
5. To mobilize scholars in Islamic Studies and Arabic and to provide facilities to academics in their research planes.
6. To convene scholarly meetings, specialized symposia, conferences, seminars and workshops in the field of Islamic Studies and Arabic so as to enrich Islamic scholarship.
7. To organize working groups to prepare projects in line with the action plane for the promotion of Islamic Studies and Arabic.
8. To publish bulletins, journals, books, reports, etc. within the available means to promote greater interaction and cooperation among those engaged in research and promotion of new knowledge in the field.
[Any other objective to be added with mutual consultation]
If you have any querry ... We are availableContact us