English     ||    اردو    ||   عربی

History

The Department of Islamiyat was established six years after the inauguration of the University of Peshawar on October 30, 1950. It has been imparting education on postgraduate level since its inception via regular, private and distance education systems, and has so far produced thousands of Master’s degree holders and more than 100 MPhil/PhD scholars who are serving the nation both on national and international levels and are playing a vital role in the nation building. The department also runs a bi-annual research journal of Islamic Studies “Peshawar Islamicus” which is recognized by the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad in ‘Y” category. Besides teaching and research, the department caters for a range of extramural and outreach activities of public interest with the overall aim of promoting ‘Islam for true knowledge, love and peaceful coexistence’. The department is presently located at the second floor of Sheikh Muhammad Taimur Academic Block of the university. The future plans of the department include:

If you have any querry ... We are available

Contact us